Saturday, November 21, 2009

Texas Long-Range Plan

I like the vision of the plan. The future of education is based in technology. Eventually, actual teachers will become obsolete. All education will take place via technology. This plan is gradually moving us toward that eventuality. It allows for the time it will take to implement the plan. As a teacher, I like that everything is not being thrown at me at once. It gives me time to get used to the ideas of technology in education, while giving me time to become proficient at it also.

New learning as an instructional leader can only be of benefit. I want to be on the forefront of the innovation of technology in education, not at the tail end. I want to learn everything I can to be effective in teaching others by modeling. Leaders have to lead. They can't wait for someone else to say, "Here, do this."

No comments:

Post a Comment