Saturday, November 21, 2009

Technology Applications Survey & SEDTA

I understand the basics of the different aspects of technology. I know how to use all the basics of the different types of software, know the basics of the internet and intranet, know the basics of input/output devices, and know the basics on the hardware. I am not an expert at any of these things. I do not know all the ends and outs of the software programs, internet, intranet, input/output devices and the hardware. I would define myself as technology literate, but not technology proficient. This would assist me as a principal on campus. This enables me to have intellectual communications with stakeholders about technology. Since I am not proficient, I do not know all the technology and programs that are available right now. I would always have to defer to someone else to bring, implement and model the new technology.

The technology areas where I need more knowledge and skills that will help guide my future technology professional development is in information acquisition and foundations. I need to become more proficient at knowing where to find information and move past the basics of operating within the various programs to knowing much more. One of the things I need to know as an administrator is whether my students have access to technology at home or not, and if they do, to what degree. Knowing this information changes how I would implement technology into school and the degree in which the school would provide technology services outside of school hours. I also need to know who is proficient at technology and what programs they can use: girls, low socio-economic backgrounds, students with learning needs and historically racial or ethnically disadvantaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment